Wednesday 12 March 2014

3 Minute Wonder: Proposal - Individual Ideas

Having given the topic of my own 3 Minute Wonder a lot of thought, I have produced what I feel is a rather good idea: Exploring awareness of Synesthesia in the local area, shedding a little light on the subject, and perhaps finding out how many people have it that don't realise.

It would start with a sort of candid-interview format - the question will appear on the screen, and then a few people's answers will be shown. Questions will revolve around awareness of synesthesia: 'Have you heard of Synesthesia?' 'How many people do you think have it?' 'Do you think you might have it?' etc. This would only last a short while, then I would move into the main interviews with one or two people who are confirmed synesthetes. Questions for these would include: 'Would you consider synesthesia something you 'suffer' from?' 'When did you find out you had synesthesia?' 'Does it help/hinder certain things?'

Ideally I'd like it to be very talking heads, with mostly interviews but no interviewer on camera. It will basically be 'expository' and somewhat reflexive since I would like it to be really expressive and visual since that's exactly what Synesthesia is.

The aim of the documentary is to expand awareness of Synesthesia to more younger people around my own age, as to this age group it's relatively unknown.

As for crew, I'd ideally like a sound guy with a boom mic; ADR would be impossible given the candid nature of interviews, and having two crew members seems a little more credible to likely interviewees than  Ideally I'd like an expert in the general field, but I shall have to investigate at the local hospital. Other than that, it's just candid interviews with anyone I can grab who's up for it.

Equipment-wise, I would like a boom, shotgun mic, possibly sound recorder if the camera we're using doesn't have a mic input, camera, and tripod. No props.

Locations are flexible due to the subject matter, but I am placing a lot of weight into the presentation of this, since Synesthesia is a very visual/auditory phenomenon. As such, ideally I would like some rather striking or visually interesting locations to base my interviews, but based on how achievable that is they may just end up at various points around the College.

No comments:

Post a Comment